Legal Seminar with Will Brownlee
Highland Country Club1105 Highland Country Club Drive
Fayetteville, NC 28305
* Registration open until 10/20/22 at 12:00 PM (EDT)
A full day reviewing a wide variety of legal topics affecting North Carolina landlords, including:
- Evictions: A to Z, including how to anticipate/avoid common resident defenses before filing any eviction
- NC Debt Collection Laws
- Common Landlord Myths -- and how to avoid them
- Discussion of the latest federal and state updates affecting evictions and your rights/obligations as a NC landlord
- Review of other case law precedents and regulatory and legislative changes that impact NC landlords
- As always, as many attendee questions as we can pack into one day
About the Instructor: Will Brownlee
Will Brownlee is an attorney licensed in GA, NC, and SC, and is the co-founder of two law firms serving landlords: Loebsack & Brownlee, PLLC, and Brownlee Whitlow & Praet, PLLC.
Over the course of his career, Will has focused almost entirely on all aspects of landlord-tenant law, including evictions, fair housing, general advice and legal compliance, and lease drafting/revision. In his service to the housing industry,
Will has served on state and local apartment association boards, as well as serving as the Executive Director of the Apartment Association of NC (AANC), authoring its state lease and legal handbook, and serving as the SC/NC consultant to the National Apartment Association (NAA) on its lease forms. Will was honored by being named to the AANC Hall of Fame in 2019. In all, Will has served the rental industry for the last 25 years, though “semi-retiring” in 2018 but continuing to serve as Of Counsel for the two law firms bearing his name and still appearing in court for eviction cases along the coasts of the Carolinas and Georgia. When not appearing in court or teaching, Will loves spending time and traveling to new places with his wife (a former property manager who leased Will his first apartment before law school – a fun story, just ask him some time – and who Will credits with introducing him to the rental industry). Will is often found devouring the latest sci-fi/fantasy book series, playing fantasy sports, enjoying a good game of poker, or spending clear nights capturing photos of the stars with his telescopes.