CALP - Certified Apartment Leasing Professional
* Registration open until 7/30/21 at 12:00 PM ()
Leasing professionals are the first people prospective residents meet and are responsible for generating traffic, conducting leasing demonstrations, overcoming objections and qualifying prospective residents. This program teaches all these skills and more.
Credential Program Synopsis
In 2021, the National Apartment Leasing Professional credential changed its name to the Certified Apartment Leasing Professional credential. NAA is excited to make this change from “national” to “certified”. The newly named CALP credential will continue to ensure that leasing professionals throughout the industry are fully prepared for success.
Earning CALP, your first industry credential, signals to an employer your commitment to a career in residential property management.
You'll learn about:
- Using technology to generate traffic
- Monitoring and managing your community’s reputation
- Inspecting the leasing center, tour route, model units, and vacant apartments
- Shopping the competition while building relationships with competitors
- Compiling a comprehensive community resource tool
- Effective marketing plans
- Relationship sales process and evaluating personal sales performance
- Evaluating a prospect’s commitment level and overcoming objections
- Reviewing the next steps in the sales process with prospective residents
- Applying fair housing laws and communicating rental criteria
- Qualifying prospective residents according to rental policy
- Preparing and reviewing leases with new residents
- The move-in process
- Responding to resident issues and maintenance requests with appropriate follow-up
- Building relationships with residents and creating a sense of community
- Reporting incidents, maintaining documentation, and taking corrective action
- Maximizing revenue and operational efficiency
- Securing and processing lease renewals
- Conducting a market survey
To obtain the CALP credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of six months of onsite property management experience in a leasing role (This can be obtained while taking the course; you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met.)
- Successful completion of seven CALP courses
- Pass the examination within six (6) months of declaring candidacy
In Person Schedule:
Located at 505 Regency Drive, Fayetteville, NC 28314
- 8/11/2021 8:45 am - 5 pm
- 8/13/2021 9 am - 5 pm
- 8/16/2021 9 am - 5 pm
Exams will be scheduled after review.
This course is sponsored by:
About the Instructor:
Angela Raupp, CAM, CAPS, NALP, CPO, NAAEI Faculty, has worked in the property management industry for 19 years at the property, regional, and corporate levels. As Community Manager with Apartment Dynamics, she oversees operations at multiple properties, focuses on training her team to excel, and serves as a Mentor to new employees joining the company. She has always had a strong passion for education and gives back to her local Apartment Association by teaching CAM and NALP designation classes, is currently serving as Treasurer, and fulfilled past roles of President, Vice President, and Education Chair. Angela is an AANC Leadership Lyceum Graduate, was selected as a 2018 Fayetteville’s 40 under 40 Award Recipient and was honored with NAA’s 2018 Certified Apartment Manager of the Year Award.