Certified Apartment Leasing Professional - CALP
The Henley Clubhouse226 Tallstone Drive
Fayetteville, NC 28311-1461
Leasing professionals are the first people prospective residents meet and are responsible for generating traffic, conducting leasing demonstrations, overcoming objections and qualifying prospective residents. This program teaches all these skills and more.
Credential Program Synopsis
Earning CALP, your first industry credential, signals to an employer your commitment to a career in residential property management.
You'll learn about:
- Using technology to generate traffic
- Monitoring and managing your community’s reputation
- Inspecting the leasing center, tour route, model units, and vacant apartments
- Shopping the competition while building relationships with competitors
- Compiling a comprehensive community resource tool
- Effective marketing plans
- Relationship sales process and evaluating personal sales performance
- Evaluating a prospect’s commitment level and overcoming objections
- Reviewing the next steps in the sales process with prospective residents
- Applying fair housing laws and communicating rental criteria
- Qualifying prospective residents according to rental policy
- Preparing and reviewing leases with new residents
- The move-in process
- Responding to resident issues and maintenance requests with appropriate follow-up
- Building relationships with residents and creating a sense of community
- Reporting incidents, maintaining documentation, and taking corrective action
- Maximizing revenue and operational efficiency
- Securing and processing lease renewals
- Conducting a market survey
To obtain the CALP credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of six months of onsite property management experience in a leasing role (This can be obtained while taking the course; you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met.)
- Successful completion of seven CALP courses.
- Pass the examination within six (6) months of declaring candidacy.
In Person And Located at 226 Tallstone Dr, Fayetteville, NC 28311
- October 18, 9 am - 5 pm, please arrive 15 minutes early
- October 19, 9 am - 5 pm
- October 20, 9 am- 5 pm
Exams will be scheduled after modules are completed.
About the Instructor:
Mindy McCorkle has 30+ years of leadership experience in multiple industries. She’s held positions from front-line roles to executive positions and is seen as a mentor and leader by many. She has too many awards and accolades to list here but has been recognized locally and nationally for her instructional expertise.
Mindy owns Enhancement Talent Development where she provides clients with customized learning experiences, team coaching, consulting, and other talent-related services. The B2C side of her journey is Life Enhanced, a subsidiary of Enhancement Talent Development, and that’s where Mindy works with individuals to help them grow personally and professionally, and find greater happiness and fulfillment through transformation, realignment, and learning experiences. She is a perpetual learner and loves to inspire others to continue learning as well.
Mindy is also an author who publishes inspirational works, self-development books, and virtual learning sessions.
She brings a unique authenticity to every interaction and presentation and shares transformational insight from her experiences. She’s not a game-changer; she’s creating a whole new game!
This course is sponsored by: