Certified Apartment Leasing Professional - CALP (2023)
Westlake at Morganton3311 Woodhill Lane
Fayetteville, NC 28314
Leasing professionals are the first people prospective residents meet and are responsible for generating traffic, conducting leasing demonstrations, overcoming objections and qualifying prospective residents. This program teaches all these skills and more.
Credential Program Synopsis
Earning CALP, your first industry credential, signals to an employer your commitment to a career in residential property management.
You'll learn about:
- Using technology to generate traffic
- Monitoring and managing your community’s reputation
- Inspecting the leasing center, tour route, model units, and vacant apartments
- Shopping the competition while building relationships with competitors
- Compiling a comprehensive community resource tool
- Effective marketing plans
- Relationship sales process and evaluating personal sales performance
- Evaluating a prospect’s commitment level and overcoming objections
- Reviewing the next steps in the sales process with prospective residents
- Applying fair housing laws and communicating rental criteria
- Qualifying prospective residents according to rental policy
- Preparing and reviewing leases with new residents
- The move-in process
- Responding to resident issues and maintenance requests with appropriate follow-up
- Building relationships with residents and creating a sense of community
- Reporting incidents, maintaining documentation, and taking corrective action
- Maximizing revenue and operational efficiency
- Securing and processing lease renewals
- Conducting a market survey
To obtain the CALP credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of six months of onsite property management experience in a leasing role (This can be obtained while taking the course; you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met.)
- Successful completion of seven CALP courses.
- Pass the examination within six (6) months of declaring candidacy.
Location: Westlake at Morganton
- August 8, 9 am - 5 pm, please arrive 15 minutes early
- August 9, 9 am - 5 pm
- August 10, 9 am- 5 pm
Exams will be scheduled after modules are completed.
About the Instructor:
Angela Raupp, CAM, CAPS, NALP, CPO, NAAEI Faculty, has worked in the property management industry for 21 years at the property, regional, and corporate levels. As the Remote Training and Support Specialist with Apartment Dynamics, she develops and delivers training to empower team members to successfully fulfill their positions. She has always had a strong passion for education and loves to teach CAM and NALP designation classes in addition to material she creates. Angela is currently serving as a Board of Director for the North Carolina Apartment Association and has volunteered over a decade in past roles as President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Education Chair for her local Apartment Association. Angela is a 2014 AANC Leadership Lyceum Graduate, was selected as a 2018 Fayetteville’s 40 under 40 Award Recipient and was honored with NAA’s 2018 Certified Apartment Manager of the Year Award.