Park at Clearwater - Aberdeen, NC
The Apartment Turn Specialist/Groundskeeper is responsible for prepping the vacant apartments to ensure all maintenance items in the apartment are working properly and addressing any maintenance items that need to be fixed. This person will also be ensuring the physical aspects of the property are maintained by cleaning the common grounds of the property. This position will be functioning in a support role to the maintenance team. Duties are assigned by the Community Manager and Maintenance team. Basic apartment maintenance knowledge is required and prior experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Picks up trash on the property and in common areas, which includes but is not limited to
the driveways, parking lots, curbs, trash receptacle areas, exterior hallways, and any public areas such as clubhouse, offices, pool area, fitness center, business center, laundry center, etc.
• Ensures dumpster area is emptied and kept clean.
• Uses power blower and pressure washer to clean breezeways, steps, sidewalk, pool area, and any other common areas.
• Maintains the property’s flowerbeds, plants and grass areas, including pool cleaning or routine pool maintenance, and removing snow.
• Walks the property several times a day and picks up new debris.
• Walks all vacant units do conduct a thorough inspection to ensure all items in the apartment are functioning as they should be. Will be doing basic maintenance duties in the vacant apartments as directed by the Maintenance team and Community Manager.
• Communicates with the Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager regarding the status of work and any potential issues.
• Schedules, monitors and performs work in vacant apartments as needed.
• Ensures maintenance supplies are in stock. Alerts Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager of any items needed to complete assigned work.
• Posting notices on resident doors and in common areas as needed and directed by Community Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
• Performs emergency and/or preventative maintenance work as required.
• Ensures all work areas are neat and orderly after work orders have been completed.
• Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
• Ensures excellent customer service to prospective residents and tenants, and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
• Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
• Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
*Other duties can be assigned at any given time by Community Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 1 year previous experience as a Groundskeeper, Apartment Turn Specialist or similar function is preferred for this position.
*Basic apartment maintenance knowledge is required for this position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Ability to use computer-tracking systems used at the property.
• Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
• Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
• Ability to set and meet goals.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• May require ability to drive an automobile.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
• Current driver license and automobile insurance.
• Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
• Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
• Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
• Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
• Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
• May be required to be reachable via phone or pager, except during approved time off.
• May be required to be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages
• Some travel may be required
• Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
• Frequent climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, and handling.
• Moderate feeling, hearing, and smelling.
• Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
• Pronounced visual acuity (near and far) and field of vision.
• Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
• Ability to identify and distinguish color.
• Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 100 pounds or more.
• Ability to use standard maintenance equipment as well as property equipment such as a trash compactor
• Ability to compare and communicate.
• Ability to tolerate fluctuating work demands.
• Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
• Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
• Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
• Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public. • Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply - please email Community Manager Geraldine Patterson at email@example.com