Assistant Community Managers Needed
Assistant Community Managers Needed!
Locations: Regency Apartments, Hidden Lake Apartments, Cliffdale Crossing Apartments
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Assistant Community Manager performs a variety of administrative duties related to the overall management of the community and assumes supervisory authority when the Manager is away from the property. This position is for the super-organized person who enjoys working with people and helping prospects find their perfect home. As second in command under the Property Manager, this position will be responsible for keeping all resident files up-to-date in OneSite, accounting for rents paid through the resident portal and in person, handling delinquent residents, reviewing and approving the Final Accounting Statements (FAS), and preparing and delivering legal and formal documents. As the Assistant Property Manager, you will also assist with the turnover process with new leases and lease renewals.
Primary Responsibilities are including not limited to:
- Show apartments, complete follow-up,
- Lease apartments and move in prospective residents.
- Maintaining an excellent customer service relationship with residents, vendors, co-workers, and the community.
- Stay on the cutting edge of market conditions, trends, and product knowledge in the community and competitive communities; ensure the same knowledge in leasing staff.
- Oversee and direct efforts to maximize rental income and high occupancy through sales and marketing plans.
- Provide clerical and phone support.
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections and ensure landlord/tenant statutes are followed.
- Review and approve Final Accounting Statements (FAS), ensuring all are timely and comply with state law and all changes are necessary and accurate as stated on the Move Out Inspection Report and company standards.
- Conduct resident move-outs in accordance with state law and company standards.
- Ensure timely collections of all rent receipts through the preparation and distribution of delinquency reports to the Property Manager.
- Prepare and deliver all legal and formal notices in accordance with state law and company standards, including but not limited to late notices, change-in-term notices, and lease violations. I
- Initiate all necessary evictions by preparing copies and forwarding all appropriate paperwork for legal evections or other legal proceedings; ensure all evictions and legal proceedings are followed through to completion.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve resident complaints and direct pertinent issues and matters to the Property Manager.
- Communicate effectively with owners, residents, vendors, and co-workers.
- Adhere to established company standards for screening applicants for residency.
- Participate in planned resident activities.
- Monitor follow-up and maintain accurate information with all In House Collections, in accordance with company standards.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A High School education or equivalent is required; a college degree is a plus but not a requirement.
- Must be able to speak & write both English and Spanish
- At least two years of experience in residential property management or a related field is required.
- Ability to work any of the seven days a week, 52 weeks a year. Our property staffing limitation makes it critical for you to work your scheduled hours consistently as well as overtime if necessary when requested.
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance are required; the position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of the job’s functions.
Skills include an excellent ability to manage and motivate others; effective communication with residents, prospects, co-workers, and vendors. Other essential skills include but are not limited to:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize wisely
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good understanding of basic accounting practices
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements, including dealing with vendors and contractors
- Ability to close a sale
- Ability to drive and access to a car
- Knowledge of state law as it relates to the handling of Security Deposits and other resident-related fees and charges
- Basic computer and Internet knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel; proficiency with Outlook
- Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company-utilized software packages
- Onesite experience is a plus, but not mandatory.
Learning and Development
- Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 2 years
- 8-hour shift
- Weekend availability
- 8-hour shift
Weekly day range
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Same Site Assistant Manager: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Work Location: One location