Assistant Manager position
Assistant On-Site Property Manager
The Assistant On-Site Property Manager works closely with the On-Site Property Manager in the daily operations and financial performance of a multi-family property. Some of the specific duties of the Assistant On-Site Property Manager (AOSPM) include collecting rent from residents and other, ancillary income; posts, or records, the income in the Yardi system that transmits to the Corporate Office; may complete Statements of Deposit Activity (SODAs) and/or perform inspection of recently vacated apartments; handles rent collection problems and keeps files on each resident; assists the Property Manager to address and resolve internal and external issues of associates, residents, and vendors; leases apartments as needed and may oversee the work of other leasing personnel; assumes the duties of the Property Manager in case of the Property Manager’s absence.
The AOSPM reports to the On-Site Property Manager, and Regional Property Manager
The AOSPM may oversee leasing and office personnel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Property Manager to effectively manage activities such as leasing, resident retention, concessions, and customer service.
- Collects rent from residents and posts it in the Yardi system and transmits information to Corporate Office. Creates and writes reports as requested by management.
- Completes the Statements of Deposit Activity (SODAs) for vacated apartment units in the Yardi system.
- May perform a physical inspection of recently vacated apartments.
- Contacts delinquent residents or sends late notices and eviction notices; follows proper procedure if rent is not received within a specified period of time.
- Sends out renewal notices.
- Performs leasing activities, including generating traffic, responding to telephone and internet inquiries, greeting prospective residents, touring prospective residents, qualifying prospects, and closing the sale by obtaining rental application and deposit.
- Assists the Property Manager in addressing and resolving internal and external issues of associates, residents, and vendors.
- May oversee the work of leasing and other office personnel.
- Assumes the duties of the Property Manager in case of the Property Manager’s absence.
- Maintains information on incoming prospects each day and communicates this information to other staff and the PM/ RPM as needed.
- Creates and initiates new and innovative ways to increase the number of incoming prospective residents.
- Performs the duties of a Leasing Consultant by renting apartment units at the assigned property to prospective residents.
- Answers phone and email inquiries from prospective residents; uses standard sales techniques to encourage a visit to the community.
- Works co-operatively with Leasing Consultants, Marketing Specialists, and other positions performing similar duties of leasing apartments, performing marketing efforts, and other customer service duties.
- May give formal and informal training as needed or as instructed by management.
- May assist in the recruiting and selection process of new leasing personnel; may provide information to the PM/RPM to help in evaluating performance for merit and other salary increases; may inform the PM/ RPM of any information needed in the management of leasing and marketing personnel.
- May oversees the work of Leasing Consultants, Marketing Specialist, and other positions performing similar duties of leasing apartments, performing marketing efforts, and other customer service duties if instructed by PM/RPM
- If leasing, takes all needed information from prospective residents after they have indicated a desire to move to the property; completes all paperwork and data entry associated with leasing activities. Works with leasing agent to help perform these duites.
- Contacts prospective resident of approval/disapproval; assists them in completing the lease and receives initial rent and deposit payments; assists new resident with the move-in process.
- Contacts residents with expiring leases to discuss renewals and encourages the renewal of the lease, per system in place at property.
- Assists others in marketing efforts in the community to promote the property positively and to help bring in prospective residents. This includes implementing and carrying out marketing efforts such as outside marketing calls.
- Takes resident calls for service or other needs and forwards to the appropriate staff member; writes work orders for service; promotes good resident relations through courteous and timely response to resident needs and concerns.
Qualifications for Success:
High school education and two years of experience in a customer service position where bookkeeping or financial responsibility is significant, or one year of experience in a property management position such as Leasing Consultant or Bookkeeper where customer service and financial accounting was used.
Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Good communication skills – both verbal and written
Knowledge and experience with Yardi Voyager or a similar property management software
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. College coursework completed in the pursuit of a degree is also preferred. CAM or NALP certification.
Yardi knowledge and experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting practices
- Knowledge of property management business procedures
- Knowledge and compliance with community rental information and Federal, State and Local Fair Housing guidelines
- Ability to maintain an organized filing and schedule system
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to residents, co-workers, and vendors
- Good sales and customer service skills
- Ability to read, understand and explain resident ledgers
- Ability to work independently but also contribute and support the on-site team.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use Microsoft Office application software and Yardi
Typical professional work environment, frequently indoors but occasional exposure to all types of weather and to dirty, dusty conditions.
Ability to sit, reach, twist, and lean during routine paperwork tasks. Ability to walk property and go up and down flights of stairs daily. The ability to operate a computer keyboard and lift files. Exposure to vibration, pitch and glare from a computer.
Must have a valid driver’s license or access to immediate transportation to attend meetings, events, and daily activities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be expected of this position. The employee is required to follow any other reasonable instruction and perform any other reasonable duties at the request of the supervisor or other senior management personnel.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through this Indeed link.