Phoenix Management Group, LLC
Position: Community Director
Reports to: Regional Operations Director
Phoenix Management Group, LLC, a leading full-service Property Management Company, has a Community Director opening. This is an exciting opportunity for an experience property management professional to join a privately held company with substantial potential for career growth.
Brief Description: The Community Director will use their passion for people to build a team of relationship builders who have a fire in their belly for customer satisfaction and to drive the organization’s revenue and leasing goals. The Community Director is accountable for the performance of the asset, including operations, financial success, and revenue targets, while providing an exceptional customer experience and fostering a customer-centric culture.
Our expectations of you in this role:
- Actively recruits, hires, trains, and develops all team members in accordance with the property's brand and PMG’s values.
- Exemplifies customer experience mindset when working with customers, team members, and external partners.
- Ensures the team members are familiar with relevant housing application and assignment procedures, the features of the community, and that they are assigned to assure sufficient office coverage (scheduling).
- Holds all team members accountable for delivering exceptional customer experience, following Fair Housing policies, meeting revenue, sales and financial goals.
- Accountable that data files and information submissions are accurate and timely and report on key performance indicators.
- Escalates relevant information to Operations, Asset Management, Accounting, HR, etc., for notification and/or resolution.
- Responsible for the management and escalation of any emergencies that happen on property 24/7.
- Creates and communicates on-call schedule for after-hour response for all management team members, including themselves as the primary responder on a rotating basis.
- Reports on any key performance indicators, identified by corporate.
- Proactively plans and executes the turn process to ensure all team members and vendors have clear goals and expectations, including working onsite 7 days per week or as required to meet all deadlines.
- Ensures that the assignment, transfer, check-in and check-out process is executed in accordance to policy.
- Verifies that all units/common areas are made-ready and meets PMG’s standards for resident occupancy.
- Collaborates with the onsite management team to identify sales issues, develop sales strategies and ensure revenue targets are met.
- Solves customer feedback concerns, and escalates, when necessary to Area Manager.
- Must have a thorough understanding of:
- General community knowledge (number of buildings, unit mix, physical amenities, location, university relationship, etc.)
- Market (all information contained in market survey) and can compellingly communicate their assigned community’s value proposition relative to peer assets.
- Ensures that weekly market surveys are conducted and verifies that they are reported accurately.
- Implements and maintains PMG’s customer experience philosophy including but not limited to: brand integrity, reputation management, resident events, work order management, turnover, hiring and developing staff with a customer experience mindset.
- Regularly inspects grounds, interior and resident amenities / general common areas to ensure that the facilities comply with all codes and company standards.
- Accountable for property curb appeal and overall appearance of building exterior, common areas, amenities, and apartments.
- Identify capital deficiencies and react promptly with a capital request.
- Ensure that building and system permits are up to date.
- Manage inclement weather per policy and procedure.
- Lead and manage quarterly inspections per policy.
- Keep an accurate inventory of vacant units and conduct a monthly inspection of each.
- Ensures general and preventative maintenance are completed timely and to PMG’s schedule and standards.
- Reviews that all work-orders are being properly documented and completed in accordance to policy.
- Oversees security of the property including security/courtesy officers.
- Reviews and manages service team budgets and determines areas of opportunity.
- Prepares annual property budgets to encompass all areas including maintenance and capital projects, marketing, payroll, and other budgetary items.
- Manages property expenditures in accordance with the budget, including invoices for payment, and makes recommendations for more efficient use of budgeted funds.
- Appropriately submits variance request to direct report for approval per policy.
- Reviews and approves bi-weekly payroll.
- Pro-actively looks for additional ways to add revenue and/or reduce expenses to enhance Net Operating Income while maintaining the customer experience.
- Works collaboratively with property accountant to prepare monthly financial accounting, reporting, and explanation of variances.
- Communicate regularly with clients and other stakeholders on performance and recommendations.
- Routinely attend and contribute to local industry associations.
- Maintain a significant understanding of industry topics, issues, or news involving markets.
- Attends and participates in training programs and events which may require air travel.
- 2-4 years of onsite Student Housing experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in leasing CRM, Entrata experience preferred.
- 1 year of experience in leadership role.
- High School Diploma requires, Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- CPM certification preferred.
- Ability to persuasively express ideas and opinions to individuals and groups.
- Excellent written, verbal, and customer service skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours/days/weekends when needed.
- Proven track record of achieving leasing goals and demonstrating results from previous positions.
- Proven track record in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with management team.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with senior executives and in teams.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, time manage, balance competing deadlines, and be a self-starter that is eager to learn with a team player mentality.
PMG offers a competitive salary with bonus incentives based on individual as well as property performance. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is offered to all full-time employees with medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and sick leave and rental discounts at company properties.
Conquering the Law of Average. Our mission is to build a relationship of “WE” rather than “I”. We are not a company managing people. We are not one vision of living. We are a collective of individuals, including our residents, and we are constantly collaborating to do things differently and be innovative. We are a community, and we all must work together to achieve greatness.