Maintenance Technician - Sanford
Do you enjoy a varied work experience when every day is a little different?
Do you want to learn new skills and advance on a career path? We are looking for a property maintenance technician to handle work orders and assist with turns and groundskeeping on a multi-family property in Sanford, NC. This job requires very basic knowledge of carpentry and plumbing, common sense, a good work ethic, the desire to learn new skills, and the ability to work well with a team as well as independently. We will train and offer the opportunity for you to obtain CPO and HVAC certification. Hourly wage will be related to the experience you bring. Quarterly team bonuses. Benefits. Rate of pay ranges from $15.00 to $18.00 an hour.
The Maintenance Technician works under the direction of the Maintenance Manager and Property Manager with oversight from the Regional Property Manager at one or more properties to insure that all apartment units and other property facilities are in good working order and maintained to acceptable standards for “company” and for residents. This position works alongside any other maintenance staff and other staff members as assigned that perform tasks as needed, including service requests, preparing a unit for rent availability (market ready), painting of units, and landscape and grounds clean-up duties. Keeps in close communication with the Property Leadership to discuss individual issues and to insure that goals are being met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the work orders assigned and insures that they are properly and quickly completed.
- Assist other maintenance personnel with complex tasks; perform maintenance tasks
- Perform apartment “turns” quickly and efficiently
- Oversee the work of other vendors to approve their work and report inadequate work to the Maintenance Manager
- Keep the maintenance shop(s) organized and in good working order. Records parts used and keeps inventory accurate. Reports missing equipment or supplies to supervisor immediately.
- Notify Supervisor promptly when parts and supplies are needed.
- Discuss various issues with the property leadership for resolution or to inform and keeps the leader aware of the overall maintenance condition of the property.
- Hears resident complaints and resolves in the best manner possible.
- Responsible for compliance with provided Fair Housing training and OSHA training
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
The job has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
High school education and two years of maintenance-type experience at an apartment property or a related business.
Valid driver’s license is required
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with other employees. Team player who is able to complete tasks individually.
- Basic knowledge of heating and air conditioning unit repair and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of the repair and maintenance of other household appliances, plumbing, and lighting fixtures.
- Ability to communicate with residents, vendors, and co-workers in a friendly manner and businesslike manner.
- Good organizational skills.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
This position typically requires work that involves non aerobic physical activity such as bending, stooping, repetitive hand use, regular use of hand tools, and occasional lifting of weights, often over 50 pounds. It also requires climbing of stairs and ladders to access apartment units and items for repair and replacement. The position requires work in dirty, dusty, and other disagreeable elements in the course of work; exposure to chemicals though normally not excessively hazardous; and regular work outside.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org